Benefits of Investment Casting
Looking for a way to reduce your costs and increase your productivity?
Investment casting from Milwaukee Precision Casting, Inc. is a great way to save money and increase your production. Why is investment casting a great choice? First, investment casting is usually more affordable than weldments, fabrications, and machined components. It is not uncommon to save up to 50% of your production costs by partnering with Milwaukee Precision Casting, Inc.
Investment Casting vs Sand Casting
When it comes to the various types of metal casting, there are many different properties to consider. Investment casting and sand casting are two of the most popular methods for creating metal parts.
Sand casting involves packing sand around the desired part or parts and creating a mold for the molten metal. After the metal is poured and cooled, the part can be cut and altered to match the original part. Sand casting can be beneficial for producing large parts with lower tooling costs. It also allows for a more flexible design. Some of the downsides to sand casting can include:
- A rougher surface finish due to the porous and the possibility of parting lines
- Less suitable for mass production
- Secondary machining required
- Less accurate
- High labor cost
Investment casting allows for a better surface finish, close tolerances and allows for more complex parts, including adding lettering or numbers to the parts. Investment Casting with Milwaukee Precision Casting allows for cost saving in material, labor and machining. Investment casting does more than just reduce costs - it also provides you with tremendous design flexibility. By choosing investment casting, you'll benefit from:
- Greater detail
- Reduced casting material and labor costs through "near net-shapes"
- Use of a variety of materials (nickel, cobalt base alloys, 300 and 400 series stainless steel, aluminum, carbon and high alloy steels).
- Tolerances of ±.005 per inch.
- Capability to use difficult internal configurations
- Reduced machining operations
Contact us to find out how Milwaukee Precision Casting can help you with your investment casting needs.